Posted On: 2015-02-26
Application Deadline: 2015-06-01
Time Commitment: 1-5 hr / month
Type of Organization: Theatre
Our board generally meets every other month and has oversight of the company finances, supports fundraising initiatives, and serves as ambassadors in the community.
About the Organization
Lost&Found Theatre produces actor-driven, thought-provoking theatre, using primarily regional professional talent, that stimulates artists and audiences to explore together the challenging and redemptive aspects of human relationships.
Vision and Mandate:
As a regional ensemble-owned theatre company, Lost&Found Theatre serves its communities by:
• Challenging: We provide artistic challenges for ensemble members and regional artist colleagues, and thought-provoking themes for our audiences.
• Developing: We foster the new work of regional playwrights and the careers of emerging artists.
• Engaging: We highlight the immediacy of live theatre by producing in a variety of venues throughout the region and consistently involving patrons in the development of new work through public readings, deepening audience engagement in the arts.
• Inspiring: Our Young Company mentors a new generation of theatre artists, offering youth the opportunity to learn with theatre professionals in a non-competitive environment.
• Involving: Volunteer opportunities engage our community members in a broader experience.
• Partnering: We seek collaborations with regional community service organizations, using our work to help them tell their stories and building awareness of the value of the arts to the community.
• Welcoming: Our Radical Hospitality program eliminates financial barriers with free tickets on a first come, first served basis at several performances.